Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
The Augustana Concert Band is the oldest musical organization on campus, founded in 1874. Since its founding, the band has toured multiple times throughout the United States as well as in Europe, notably being one of the first American collegiate groups to travel through Europe in 1928. The Augustana College Band records, 1875-2013 and undated, consists of eight series: Programs, Minutes, Financial Records, Correspondence, Publicity, Other Bands, Video Recordings, and Sound Recordings.
Erland Levi Borg was an Augustana alumnus and Lutheran minister. The Erland Levi Borg papers, 1926-1993 and undated, contains articles, pamphlets, receipts, music uniforms, and paraphernalia regarding the Augustana Concert Band European Tour of 1928 and other campus organizations. There is also biographical information regarding Borg's life after Augustana and photographs of Band Tour Reunions. Materials have been arranged into series according to accession date.
The Martin M. Johnston papers, 1920-1939 and undated, contains photographs, travel brochures, postcards, and maps, primarily related to the Augustana College Band's European tour of 1928. Martin M. Johnston was a music director and graduate of the Augustana Music Conservatory who led the band on this tour.
- Names: Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.). Band X
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.) -- Students 1
- Augustana College and Theological Seminary (Rock Island, Ill.) -- Alumni and alumnae 1
- Augustana College and Theological Seminary (Rock Island, Ill.) -- Students 1
- Europe -- Description and travel 1
- Music -- Instruction and study 1
- English 2
- Multiple languages 1
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.) 1
- Borg, Erland Levi 1
- Hemke, Junita Borg 1
- Johnston, Martin M. 1