Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Identifier: MSS 255
Overview Augustana's Prohibition League was one of fifteen college chapters forming the Intercollegiate Prohibition Association. Formed in 1912, eight years before the 18th Amendment to the United States Constitution (banning the manufacture, sale, and transfer of alcohol) would go into effect, the Prohibition Leauge was a proponent of the temperance movement, and supported national organizations such as the Anti-Saloon League (1893). The Augustana College Prohibition League records, 1910-1918 and...
Identifier: MSS 144
Overview Dr. Ross E. Paulson was a history professor at Augustana College from 1962 to 1995. He specialized in American and European intellectual history, historiography, and interdisciplinary studies. During his time spent on Augustana’s campus, Paulson was very involved with the school. He served on many campus and faculty committees that served to improve the school’s academic system, student life, and overall organizational structure. Paulson researched and studied many of the relevant topics of...
Identifier: MSS 193
Overview The Woman's Christian Temperance Union (WCTU) was originally organized in late 1874 as a movement of American women. The organization was most concerned with nonviolent protest against the dangers of alcohol. The Collection on local Woman's Christian Temperance Union chapters, 1909, 1922-1925, contains a report from a 1909 convention hosted by the WCTU of Rock Island, Illinois, and a book of minutes, 1922-1925, from meetings of the WCTU of Davenport, Iowa.
- Subject: Prohibition X
- American Association of University Professors 1
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.). Black Student Union 1
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.). Department of History 1
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.). Department of Women's and Gender Studies 1
- Augustana College and Theological Seminary (Rock Island, Ill.). Prohibition League 1
- Augustana Historical Society 1
- Evangelical Lutheran Augustana Synod of North America 1
- Evangelical Lutheran Church in America 1
- Intercollegiate Prohibition Association 1
- National Organization for Women. Quad Cities Chapter 1
- Paulson, Ross Evans 1
- Phi Beta Kappa. Zeta of Illinois Chapter (Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.)) 1
- Sorensen, C.W. (Clarence Woodrow), 1907-1982 1
- Woman's Christian Temperance Union 1
- Woman's Christian Temperance Union (Davenport, Iowa) 1
- Woman's Rights Convention 1 ∧ less