Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Identifier: MSS 256
Overview The Augustana College Science Club was a student organization founded 7 May 1909, according to the 1910 Rockety-I yearbook, "for the purpose of promoting the study of the natural sciences." The Augustana College Science Club records, 1922-1924 and undated, consists primarily of correspondence concerning the purchase and payment of the Science Bulletin for club members, financial records, and a few scientific articles.
Identifier: MSS 404
Overview Robert C. Frank was a professor of physics at Augustana College from 1964 to 1992. Frank was active in helping shape the early development of the Physics Department in the 1960s, advocating for the program to become research-focused. Frank specialized in solid state physics, metallurgy, magnetomechanical damping, diffusion, and scientific computing. He completed several research projects during his time at Augustana, often involving Augustana students as research assistants. The Robert Frank...
Identifier: MSS 16
Overview Josua Lindahl was a professor of natural science and mathematics at Augustana College and Theological Seminary in Rock Island, Illinois, from 1878 to 1888. Lindahl is remembered as the first full time science teacher at Augustana College and laid the foundation for his successor, John Udden, a later professor of geology. In 1888, Lindahl left Augustana for a position as state geologist and curator at the Illinois Natural History Museum, Springfield. He was an important member of the...
Identifier: MSS 144
Overview Dr. Ross E. Paulson was a history professor at Augustana College from 1962 to 1995. He specialized in American and European intellectual history, historiography, and interdisciplinary studies. During his time spent on Augustana’s campus, Paulson was very involved with the school. He served on many campus and faculty committees that served to improve the school’s academic system, student life, and overall organizational structure. Paulson researched and studied many of the relevant topics of...
Identifier: MSS 169
Overview In 1987, the Pew Charitable Trusts invited Augustana College, Rock Island, Illinois, to compete for funding with 60 other colleges in the United States. The program’s main purpose is to improve science and math programs in undergraduate institutions. Augustana College was part of the Great Lakes cluster, and received funds from 1988 until 1994. Materials in the collection include programs, schedules, notes, correspondence, financial records, reports, grant information, program evaluations, Pew...
Identifier: MSS 17
Overview Johan August Udden was born in Sweden in 1859 and emigrated to America with his family at the age of 2. He attended St. Ansgar Academy in Minnesota from 1873-1876, and received his Bachelor of Science degree from Augustana College in 1881. He returned to Augustana College to natural science and geology in 1888. While at Augustana, Udden supervised the geology museum, which had been started by Josua Lindahl. Also, he was leader for the Weatherman's Club (1903) which was the forerunner of the...
Identifier: MSS 22
Overview Hal C. Yingling taught biology, entomology, and botany at Augustana College from 1919 to 1960. The Hal C. Yingling papers, 1887-1926 and undated, contains Yingling's personal and professional papers, including Vital Records, Correspondence, Financial Records, Essays, Newsclippings, Miscellaneous, and Photographs.
- Subject: Science -- Study and teaching X
- Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas 1
- American Association of University Professors 1
- Argonne National Laboratory 1
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.). Black Student Union 1
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.). Department of History 1
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.). Department of Physics 1
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.). Department of Women's and Gender Studies 1
- Augustana College and Theological Seminary (Rock Island, Ill.). Science Club 1
- Augustana Historical Society 1
- Centennial Exhibition (1876 : Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Evangelical Lutheran Augustana Synod of North America 1
- Evangelical Lutheran Church in America 1
- Foss, C.W. (Claude William), 1855-1935 1
- Frank, Robert C. 1
- Illinois State Museum 1
- Lindahl, Josua, 1844-1912 1
- National Organization for Women. Quad Cities Chapter 1
- Paulson, Ross Evans 1
- Pew Charitable Trusts 1
- Phi Beta Kappa. Zeta of Illinois Chapter (Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.)) 1
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919 1
- Sorensen, C.W. (Clarence Woodrow), 1907-1982 1
- Tsui, D.C. (Daniel Chee), 1939- 1
- Udden, Johan August, 1859-1932 1
- Ulrich, Edward Oscar, 1857-1944 1
- Woman's Rights Convention 1
- Yingling, Hal C. (Hallie Charles), 1890-1971 1 ∧ less