Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Identifier: MSS 168
Overview The Jenny Lind Chapel was the first house of worship built by and for a Swedish Lutheran congregation in Andover, Illinois. Pastor Lars Esbjörn and ten Swedish settlers founded the congregation in the fall of 1850. The chapel still stands and holds services as of 2016. The Jenny Lind Chapel records, 1851-1987 and undated (bulk 1962-1987), contains church documents, news clippings, photographs, and ephemera. Records have been arranged into five series: Church Services, Committees, Miscellaneous,...
Found in: Augustana College Special Collections