Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Identifier: MSS 202
Abstract The Augustana Art Association was founded 26 October 1927 at an evening meeting of art enthusiasts in the home of Gustav Andreen, then president of Augustana College. The founders included Andreen, his wife, and Alma Johnson, an instructor in the art department. The group's purpose, as stated in its constitution, was "to promote art education and aesthetic appreciation by means of exhibits and lectures, and to collect works of art for the beautification of Augustana and for a permanent art...
Dates: 1927-1960 and undated
Identifier: MSS 271
Abstract The Augustana College Art Department sponsored many on-campus and off-campus events to involve students of all majors as well as the surrounding Quad Cities community in the study and appreciation of art. The Augustana College Department of Art records, 1963-2006 and undated, consists of informational materials about exhibitions by students, faculty, or visiting artists, and records of the department itself. The collection is organized into three series: Exhibitions, Community Art Programs, and...
Dates: 1963-2006 and undated
Identifier: MSS 151
Abstract Jonas Olof Grafström was an accomplished Swedish American artist active in the Midwest in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. He was known for his landscape paitings, portraits, and altarpieces. The Collection on Olof Grafström, 1899-1998 and undated, primarily consists of photocopies of biographical information. The collection also contains photocopied correspondence between the library staff at Augustana College and people interested in Grafström, a letter from Grafström himself, catalogs...
Dates: 1899-1998 and undated
Identifier: MSS 163
Abstract Egon Weiner was born in 1906 in Vienna, Austria. He trained as an artist at the School for Arts and Crafts (Kunstgewerbe Schule) and the Academy of Fine Arts (Akademie der Bildenden Kuenste) in Vienna. He received an M.F.A. from the Academy of Fine Arts in 1933. He arrived in the United States in 1938 after fleeing Nazi-occupied Austria and became a citizen in 1944. He became a professor of sculpture and life drawing at the Art Institute of Chicago, 1945-1971, and was visiting professor of art...
Dates: 1947-1987 and undated
- Subject: Art -- Study and teaching X
- Art -- Exhibitions 3
- Art appreciation 1
- Art museums 1
- Artists -- Illinois -- Chicago 1
- Artists -- Illinois -- Rock Island 1
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.) -- Faculty 1
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.) -- History 1
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.) -- Societies, etc. 1
- Augustana College and Theological Seminary (Rock Island, Ill.) -- Faculty 1
- Collectors and collecting 1
- Swedish American artists -- Biography 1
- Swedish Americans 1 ∧ less
- English 3
- Multiple languages 1
- Augustana Art Association 1
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.). Department of Art 1
- Grafström, Jonas O. (Jonas Olof), 1855-1933 1
- Jasper, A. Ben 1
- Johnson, Alma, 1885-1959 1