Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Identifier: MSS 69
Overview The Augustana College Women’s and Gender Studies program was founded in 1985. The program uses an interdisciplinary approach that incorporates the offerings of many different departments at the College—English, History, Political Science, Religion, and Sociology—to explore issues of gender, power, and sexuality. The Augustana College Department of Women’s and Gender Studies records, 1976-2011 and undated, contains meeting minutes, correspondence, clippings, ephemera, and other papers created...
Identifier: MSS 383
Overview Nancy Huse was an Augustana College professor and co-founder of the college’s Women’s and Gender Studies program. The Nancy Huse papers, 1974-2006 and undated, primarily relate to Huse's role in promoting women's rights at Augustana College. Papers include foundational documents for Augustana College's Committee on the Status of Women, materials Huse accumulated in support of her classes, and winning essays of the Mary Wollstonecraft Writing Award for excellence in women's and gender studies...
Identifier: MSS 310
Overview The Quad Cities chapter of the National Organization for Women (QC NOW) began in August 1970 with a few women who organized a teach-in on women's rights. The group has campaigned for a variety of feminist and women's rights issues, including the passage of the Equal Rights Amendment to the United States Constitution, legalization of abortion access and preservation of reproductive rights, and sexual assault prevention. The National Organization for Women (Quad Cities Chapter) records, 1966-2004...
Identifier: MSS 144
Overview Dr. Ross E. Paulson was a history professor at Augustana College from 1962 to 1995. He specialized in American and European intellectual history, historiography, and interdisciplinary studies. During his time spent on Augustana’s campus, Paulson was very involved with the school. He served on many campus and faculty committees that served to improve the school’s academic system, student life, and overall organizational structure. Paulson researched and studied many of the relevant topics of...
- Subject: Feminism -- United States X
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.). Department of Women's and Gender Studies 2
- National Organization for Women. Quad Cities Chapter 2
- American Association of University Professors 1
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.). Black Student Union 1
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.). Department of History 1
- Augustana Historical Society 1
- Evangelical Lutheran Augustana Synod of North America 1
- Evangelical Lutheran Church in America 1
- Huse, Nancy 1
- National Organization for Women 1
- Paulson, Ross Evans 1
- Phi Beta Kappa. Zeta of Illinois Chapter (Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.)) 1
- Sorensen, C.W. (Clarence Woodrow), 1907-1982 1
- Woman's Rights Convention 1 ∧ less