Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Identifier: MSS 237
Overview The Collection on Augustana Musical Organizations, 1873-1936, 1983-2001, contains information on several historic (now defunct) musical groups formed at Augustana College: Lusciniola Society, Chapel Choir, Lutherman Male Chorus, Augustana Male Quartet, and Koto Ensemble. Materials include constitutions, minutes and other official records, programs, photographs, and ephemera.
Identifier: MSS 176
Overview Carl Arnold Serenius was a student at Augustana College from 1922 to 1926. He was very active in the Augustana Male Quartet as well as the Wennerberg Chorus and football. Serenius married Blanche Williams, also a 1926 Augustana College graduate, in 1932. The C. Arnold and Blanche Serenius papers, 1922-1991, contains papers related to the college and professional lives of Blanche, Arnold, and Arnold's brother, Vernon Serenius, including a scrapbook, photographs, professional papers, and...
Identifier: MSS 232
Overview Augustana College's Wennerberg Male Chorus was formed in October 1901. Gustav Andreen, then president of Augustana College, had requested that a male chorus be organized to participate in the Gunnar Wennerberg Festival to be held the following December. The group eventually merged with the all-female Oriole Chorus in 1931 to form the Augustana College Choir, although the male members of the choir did continue to perform separately as the Wennerberg Chorus until the mid-1960s. The Wennerberg...
- Subject: Men's choral societies -- Illinois -- Rock Island X
- Augustana College and Theological Seminary (Rock Island, Ill.). Augustana Male Quartet 2
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.). Koto Ensemble 1
- Augustana College and Theological Seminary (Rock Island, Ill.). Chapel Choir 1
- Augustana College and Theological Seminary (Rock Island, Ill.). Lusciniola Society 1
- Augustana College and Theological Seminary (Rock Island, Ill.). Lutherman Male Chorus 1