Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Identifier: MSS 274
Abstract The Beta Omega Sigma social club (fraternity) was founded at Augustana College 10 December 1929. The organization is known as the “BOS." The Beta Omega Sigma records include fraternity meeting minutes, information about fraternity events, photographs, a fraternity newsletter, and an Augustana Observer article about a fraternity member.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1929-1999, 2018
Identifier: MSS 280
Abstract The Omicron Sigma Omicron fraternity was founded at Augustana College in 1920. The original acronym for the Omicron Sigma Omicron fraternity was “Oso,” but it changed to “OZO” sometime in the 1960s. In December of 1980, the fraternity disbanded as it turned in its charter; it was re-established in 1983. The entirety of the Omicron Sigma Omicron records, 1969-2008, including a description of the collection's contents and container list, is restricted to active OZO members and alumni.
Identifier: MSS 164
Abstract Bernard Y. Wickstrom was a student at Augustana College from 1947 until 1950. He was an editor for the Augustana Observer, president of the Augustana chapter of the Alpha Delta Journalistic Fraternity, and a "Poobah." The Bernard Wickstrom papers, 1948-1950 and undated, contains photographs, clippings, and artwork, largely related to Wickstrom's membership in the Phi Omega Phi (POP) fraternity.
Dates: 1948-1950 and undated
- Subject: Men -- Societies and clubs X
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.) -- Societies, etc. 2
- College students -- Social life and customs 1
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.). Augustana Writers' Club 1
- Beta Omega Sigma (Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.)) 1
- Omicron Sigma Omicron (Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.)) 1
- Phi Omega Phi (Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.)) 1
- Wickstrom, Bernard Y., 1929-1987 1