Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Identifier: MSS 233
Overview The Oriole Club (later the Oriole Chorus) was founded in 1915 by eighteen women students at Augustana College and Theological Seminary. The group stated its object as the "development and continuance of a ladies' chorus to promote instruction, sociability and entertainment of the members." The Oriole Chorus combined with the all-male Wennerberg Chorus to form the Augustana College Choir in 1931, although it continued to perform as a distinct group (later known as the Jenny Lind Chorus) until...
Found in: Augustana College Special Collections