Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Identifier: MSS 206
Overview The Adelphic Society was the younger of the two literary societies that flourished on the Augustana College campus during the early decades of its existence. The Adelphic Society was organized by the students in the fall of 1882, its first meeting taking place 14 October 1882. The Adelphic Society records, 1882-1929 and undated, contains organizational papers, financial records, publications, and other papers.
Identifier: MSS 19
Overview Known to the past students of Augustana as Augustana's "Grand Old Man," Edward Fry Bartholomew taught at Augustana for over forty years, starting in 1888. In addition to teaching in many different subjects, Bartholomew also delivered sermons and devotionals on campus and was active in the community. The Edward Fry Bartholomew papers, circa 1825-1975 and undated (bulk 1863-1946), includes Bartholomew's personal and professional papers, including correspondence, writings, sermons, lecture notes,...
Identifier: MSS 250
Overview The Augustana College English Department was housed in East Hall from 1955 to 1978. The interior and exterior of the historic building were remodeled many times. The Collection on East Hall and the Augustana College English Department consists of three series: East Hall, Events, and Brochures/Pamphlets.
- Subject: Literature -- Study and teaching X