Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Identifier: MSS 168
Overview The Jenny Lind Chapel was the first house of worship built by and for a Swedish Lutheran congregation in Andover, Illinois. Pastor Lars Esbjörn and ten Swedish settlers founded the congregation in the fall of 1850. The chapel still stands and holds services as of 2016. The Jenny Lind Chapel records, 1851-1987 and undated (bulk 1962-1987), contains church documents, news clippings, photographs, and ephemera. Records have been arranged into five series: Church Services, Committees, Miscellaneous,...
Identifier: MSS 413
Overview The Samuel Frederick Telleen photograph album contains photographs from S. Frederick Telleen's activities as a layperson in the Lutheran Church in the 1930s, 1940s, and 1950s as well as a photograph of the Augustana College Class of 1895 at their 50th reunion in 1945. Telleen attended Augustana College and Theological Seminary from 1892 to 1895, graduated with a Bachelor's degree, and became a banker and active member of the Lutheran Church in New York.
Identifier: MSS 407
Overview Trinity Lutheran Church was founded in 1912 in Moline, Illinois, and continues to operate as of 2017. At the time of its founding, Trinity was one of the only English-speaking churches chartered with the Augustana Synod, a Swedish branch of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. The church has strong historical ties to Augustana College, with its first three pastors having graduated from Augustana Theological Seminary and the precursor to its Sunday School program having been founded by an...
- Subject: Lutheran church buildings X