Showing Collections: 61 - 70 of 412
Augustana College Food Services was in charge of providing food for the Augustana College campus community, including the dining halls, catering, and information snack locations. This collection consists of a decade of food services menus.
The Friendship Fair had its origins in World War II, with the first official Friendship Fair being held in 1949. The annual carnival-style festival raised money to bring international students to Augustana and to send an Augustana student abroad for a year. The Augustana College Friendship Fair collection, 1953-1998 (bulk 1953-1976), contains publicity materials, publications, news clippings, scrapbooks, and memorabilia related to the annual Friendship Fair.
For many years, Augustana College offered post-graduate education and masters degrees. This program ended in the 1980s because Dr. Thomas Tredway decided that the college’s resources would be better focused on educating undergraduate students. This collection consists of programs and Graduate Council meeting minutes.
The Augustana College humanities division consists of the departments of history, philosophy, and religion. This collection consists of meeting minutes, advertisements, correspondence, invitations, news clippings, photocopies of poems, miscellaneous notes, schedules, and articles.
During the late 1990s and early 2000s the ITS department began departmental newsletters intended for use by students and staff. Shawn Beattie of the ITS department created several publications focusing on student computer help and featuring ITS services offered. Several of the newsletters including “Educational Technology,” “TECHknowledge,” “BiblioTECH,” and the 2011 publications of “Tech Tip Tuesdays” can be found in this collection.
The Augustana College Jazz Festival ran from 1972 to 1995 and offered Quad City Area high school jazz bands and musicians the opportunity to perform on the college stage. The Augustana College Jazz Festival records primarily contain binders of photographs of the various jazz bands that participated in the festival from 1986-1995. Also included is a folder of enclosures, 1990-1994 and undated, which were removed from the binders.
The Augustana College Magazine is the alumni magazine of Augustana College. It began in 1907 as the Augustana Bulletin, and became the Augustana College Magazine in 1979. The magazine has been published monthly, quarterly, and biannually. The collection contains materials from Ann Boaden’s tenure as editor of the magazine, including correspondence, story manuscripts, newspaper clippings, photographs, interviews, and subject files.