Fund raising -- Illinois -- History -- 20th century
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
Identifier: MSS 54
Overview Alpha Phi Omega (APO) is a national co-ed service fraternity. Since the early 1970s, the Augustana College chapter, Lambda Rho, has sponsored the Ugly Man On Campus (UMOC) auction and talent show to raise money for charity. This collection contains programs from Ugly Man on Campus events, 1970-2007.
Identifier: MSS 4
Overview Gustav Andreen was the fourth president of Augustana College as well as its longest-serving president, having held office from 1901 to 1935. Andreen was the first Augustana president to be born in the United States, to have graduated from Augustana, and to serve more than 30 years. Andreen was also responsible for creating an organized fundraising campaign to establish a college endowment. During his time at Augustana, Andreen created a formal geology department, raised over $1 million for the...
Identifier: MSS 200
Overview The collection of Augustana College exhibition materials, 1869-1960 and undated, contains college records, promotional materials, programs, and other papers apparently collected for an exhibition relative to the history of Augustana College.
Identifier: MSS 38
Overview The Office of Development (now the Office of Advancement) at Augustana College creates capital campaigns and fundraising strategies in order to raise money to improve and develop the Augustana campus and facilities. While fundraising took place throughout the history of the college, the development office was officially established during the C.W. Sorensen administration. The Office of Development records, 1938-2012 and undated, contains donor lists, newsletters, progress reports, mailings,...
Identifier: MSS 286
Overview The Augustana Parents Club was founded 9 December 1947 in La Grange Park, Illinois. The club functioned as a fundraising and event planning group for Augustana College. The Parent's Club records, 1951-1973, contains meeeting minutes, student coordinator records, and a scrapbook.
Identifier: MSS 407
Overview Trinity Lutheran Church was founded in 1912 in Moline, Illinois, and continues to operate as of 2017. At the time of its founding, Trinity was one of the only English-speaking churches chartered with the Augustana Synod, a Swedish branch of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. The church has strong historical ties to Augustana College, with its first three pastors having graduated from Augustana Theological Seminary and the precursor to its Sunday School program having been founded by an...