Showing Collections: 11 - 19 of 19
Identifier: MSS 275
Overview The Kappa Epsilon sorority, nicknamed the “Keys”, was founded at Augustana College in 1913 by six young women. The group changed its name from “Qui Est Qui” to Kappa Epsilon when it became an official Greek group in 1919. The Keys gave up their charter in the mid-1990s after years of declining membership. The Kappa Epsilon records, 1926-1988 and undated, is organized into four series: Sorority activities, 1926-1988 and undated; Correspondence, 1980-1988 and undated; Photographs and scrapbooks,...
Identifier: MSS 276
Overview The Omicron Delta Kappa national leadership honor society was founded at Washington and Lee University in 1914. The Augustana College chapter of Omicron Delta Kappa, referred to as the Augustana “circle” by the society, was established in 1962 by eleven students and six faculty members. The Omicron Delta Kappa records, 1957-1976 and undated, includes booklets, meeting minutes, chapter and national correspondence, newspaper clippings, bulletins, and membership criteria.
Identifier: MSS 280
Overview The Omicron Sigma Omicron fraternity was founded at Augustana College in 1920. The original acronym for the Omicron Sigma Omicron fraternity was “Oso,” but it changed to “OZO” sometime in the 1960s. In December of 1980, the fraternity disbanded as it turned in its charter; it was re-established in 1983. The entirety of the Omicron Sigma Omicron records, 1969-2008, including a description of the collection's contents and container list, is restricted to active OZO members and alumni.
Identifier: MSS 144
Overview Dr. Ross E. Paulson was a history professor at Augustana College from 1962 to 1995. He specialized in American and European intellectual history, historiography, and interdisciplinary studies. During his time spent on Augustana’s campus, Paulson was very involved with the school. He served on many campus and faculty committees that served to improve the school’s academic system, student life, and overall organizational structure. Paulson researched and studied many of the relevant topics of...
Identifier: MSS 398
Overview Pi Upsilon Gamma was a fraternity active at Augustana College from 1916 to 1993, when its charter was revoked due to violations of the college hazing policy. This collection consists of one box of newsletters entitled the “Pug Service Growler.” This newsletter was distributed to PUG members and alumni during and immediately following World War II to update the membership on the wartime activities, locations, and deaths of members serving in the armed forces.
Identifier: MSS 270
Overview Sigma Kappa Tau was founded as "the QTs" at Augustana College in 1909. The group faced periods of declining membership and financial struggle before stabilizing and ultimately renaming itself Sigma Kappa Tau. The Sigma Kappa Tau records, 1917-2012 and undated, is arranged into five series: Officers' papers, 1910-2010; Sorority activities, 1946-2007 and undated; Pledge books, 1963-1964; Photographs and scrapbooks, 1917-2012; and Realia, 1962-1966, 2006-2009 and undated.
Identifier: MSS 279
Overview The Sigma Pi Delta sorority, nicknamed the “Speeds”, was founded at Augustana College in 1908 by members of the S.P.D. Tennis Club. The Speeds gave up their charter from 1970 to 1980, but remain active on campus today. The Sigma Pi Delta records, 1908-2004 and undated, is organized into four series: Official records, 1924-2004 and undated; Sorority activities, 1927-2003 and undated; Pledging, 1981-2004; and Photographs and scrapbook, 1908-2003 and undated.
Identifier: MSS 391
Overview This collection relates to various members of the Swanson family, whose patriarch, David Verner Swanson was a minister in the Augustana Lutheran Church. Several members of the Swanson family, including Verner, his sons Alan and Vernon, and Vernon's wife Audrey, attended Augustana College, and many of the materials in the collection relate to their experiences on campus. Most notably, Audrey, a member of Chi Omega Gamma, created a scrapbook documenting life at Augustana during Worl War II, and...
Identifier: MSS 164
Overview Bernard Y. Wickstrom was a student at Augustana College from 1947 until 1950. He was an editor for the Augustana Observer, president of the Augustana chapter of the Alpha Delta Journalistic Fraternity, and a "Poobah." The Bernard Wickstrom papers, 1948-1950 and undated, contains photographs, clippings, and artwork, largely related to Wickstrom's membership in the Phi Omega Phi (POP) fraternity.
- Subject: Greek letter societies X
- Phi Omega Phi (Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.)) 2
- Pi Upsilon Gamma (Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.)) 2
- Alpha Lambda Delta. Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.) Chapter 1
- Alpha Phi Omega. Lambda Rho Chapter (Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.)) 1
- American Association of University Professors 1
- Appleton, Tom 1
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.). Augustana Writers' Club 1
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.). Black Student Union 1
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.). Department of History 1
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.). Department of Women's and Gender Studies 1
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.). Inter-Fraternity Council 1
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.). Inter-Sorority Council 1
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.). Student Government Association 1
- Augustana Historical Society 1
- Beta Omega Sigma (Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.)) 1
- Chi Omega Gamma. Beta Alumnae Chapter (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Chi Omega Gamma. Tri-City Alumnae Chapter 1
- Evangelical Lutheran Augustana Synod of North America 1
- Evangelical Lutheran Church in America 1
- Farley, Ruth Laverne Sophia Swanson, 1918-2008 1
- Holmer, Julia 1
- Horick, Paul Joseph, Jr., 1922-2013 1
- Kappa Epsilon (Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.)) 1
- Kappa Epsilon Nu (Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.)) 1
- National Organization for Women. Quad Cities Chapter 1
- Omicron Delta Kappa 1
- Omicron Delta Kappa. Augustana College Circle 1
- Omicron Sigma Omicron (Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.)) 1
- Paulson, Ross Evans 1
- Phi Beta Kappa. Zeta of Illinois Chapter (Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.)) 1
- Rasmussen, Joan Ellen Horick 1
- Rulis, Alfreda Carlson 1
- Sigma Kappa Tau (Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.)) 1
- Sigma Pi Delta (Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.)) 1
- Sorensen, C.W. (Clarence Woodrow), 1907-1982 1
- Swanson family 1
- Swanson, Alan Benjamin, 1934-2016 1
- Swanson, Audrey Josephine Lundahl, 1924-1996 1
- Swanson, D. Verner (David Verner), 1890-1978 1
- Swanson, Vernon Emmanuel, 1922-1992 1
- Warner, Robin "Tootie" Swanson 1
- Wickstrom, Bernard Y., 1929-1987 1
- Woman's Rights Convention 1 ∧ less