Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 13
Identifier: MSS 4
Overview Gustav Andreen was the fourth president of Augustana College as well as its longest-serving president, having held office from 1901 to 1935. Andreen was the first Augustana president to be born in the United States, to have graduated from Augustana, and to serve more than 30 years. Andreen was also responsible for creating an organized fundraising campaign to establish a college endowment. During his time at Augustana, Andreen created a formal geology department, raised over $1 million for the...
Identifier: MSS 395
Overview The Augustana College audiovisual collection, 1930-2016 and undated, contains video recordings (including films, videotapes, and digital video) and audio recordings (including audiotapes, audiocassettes, and compact discs) related to Augustana College and the Quad City community. Recordings capture campus events, interviews with Augustana faculty and staff, promotional footage, musical performances, religious services, radio broadcasts, and other topics.
Identifier: MSS 42
Overview The Office of Academic Affairs and its predecessors, including the Office of the Dean, have overseen the following functions at Augustana College: ortganizing faculty development, assessing the Augustana College curriculum, managing accreditation, establishing the budget, coordinating the general education curriculum, academic advising, and linking to the faculty governance structure at the College. The Augustana College Office of Academic Affairs records, 1948-2017 and undated, contains...
Identifier: MSS 38
Overview The Office of Development (now the Office of Advancement) at Augustana College creates capital campaigns and fundraising strategies in order to raise money to improve and develop the Augustana campus and facilities. While fundraising took place throughout the history of the college, the development office was officially established during the C.W. Sorensen administration. The Office of Development records, 1938-2012 and undated, contains donor lists, newsletters, progress reports, mailings,...
Identifier: MSS 24
Overview On 16 October 1946, the wives of Augustana College faculty members, women faculty members, and women in the administration organized the social group first known as the Augustana Dames. The women agreed to meet five times per year and pay annual dues of one dollar. A constitution was adopted in 1964. The group changed its name to the Augustana Women in 1984. The Augustana Women records, 1946-1996 and undated, contains the official records of the group. The collection is organized into five...
Identifier: MSS 72
Overview Betsey Brodahl was born and raised in Wahoo, Nebraska, where she attended grade school and high school and one year at Luther College. Upon the urging of two instructors at Luther College, Brodahl applied at Augustana College to continue her college education. She was accepted, and graduated with a B. A. in history in 1944. Wanting a new experience, Brodahl went on to pursue graduate studies at Syracuse and Stanford. Her studies were interrupted in 1947 when Conrad Bergendoff, then president of...
Identifier: MSS 1
Overview The Lars Paul Esbjörn and Esbjörn family papers primarily documents the personal and professional life of the first president of Augustana College, Lars Paul Esbjörn. Esbjörn was born in Sweden in 1808 and immigrated to America in 1849. In 1860, he became the first president of Augustana College, and remained in this position until 1863, when the college was moved to Paxton, Illinois. That same year, Esbjörn returned to Sweden where he lived until his death in 1870. His papers include...
Identifier: MSS 239
Overview Herbert L. Glynn was a former student and administrator for Augustana College. Glynn graduated from the College with his BA in 1926. He returned to Augustana in 1944 as the director of administrations. Glynn also held posts as the director of admissions and records, the director of field services, assistant to the president, financial aid officer, director of non-academic public events, and research associate. In his role as a research associate (which the papers in this collection pertain to),...
Identifier: MSS 2
Overview The Tufve Nilsson Hasselquist papers, 1840-1988 and undated, primarily documents the personal and professional life of the second president of Augustana College, Tufve Nilsson Hasselquist. Hasselquist was born in Sweden in 1816 and traveled to America in 1852. Before assuming the presidency of the college in 1863, Hasselquist was the president of the Augustana Synod, the editor of a Swedish-language newspaper, and a pastor. At Augustana College, Hasselquist oversaw many changes to the school...
Identifier: MSS 408
Overview The Hold Augie Accountable protest was held in October 2016, following an incident involving racist statements chalked around Augustana’s campus. This collection documents the chalking incident, the protest, and the immediate aftermath of the protest, including policy decisions made by Augustana administrators and students’ reactions. The collection includes agendas, speeches, news articles, photographs, recordings, artwork, artifacts, and web content generated during the protests.
- Subject: Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.) -- Administration X
- Andreen, Gustav Albert, 1864-1940 3
- Tredway, John Thomas, 1935- 3
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.). Black Student Union 2
- Bahls, Steven C. 2
- Ajala, Olabisi 1
- Albrecht, Esther Andreen, 1896-2001 1
- Andreen family 1
- Andreen, Carl Oscar, 1906-1978 1
- Andreen, Gustav Strand, 1901-1963 1
- Andreen, Marion Albert, 1894-1941 1
- Andreen, Paul Harold, 1891-1936 1
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.). Choir 1
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.). College Republicans 1
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.). Department of Theatre 1
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.). Interfaith Understanding 1
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.). Latinx Unidos 1
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.). Muslim Student Association 1
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.). Office of Academic Affairs 1
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.). Office of Advancement 1
- Augustana Women 1
- Bergendoff, Conrad John Immanuel (1895-1997) 1
- Beta Omega Sigma (Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.)) 1
- Brodahl, Betsey 1
- College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin 1
- Easter Seal Society for Disabled Children and Adults 1
- Esbjörn family 1
- Esbjörn, L.P. (Lars Paul), 1808-1870 1
- Evangelical Lutheran Church in America 1
- Glynn, Herbert L. 1
- Hasselquist family 1
- Hasselquist, Eva Helena Cervin 1
- Hasselquist, Hanna 1
- Hasselquist, T.N. (Tufve Nilsson), 1816-1891 1
- Hay, Ellen 1
- Higher Learning Commission 1
- Johnson, Harry S.B. (Harry Sigfrid Bernard), 1912-1976 1
- Marzahn, Evan 1
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (U.S.) 1
- Olsson family 1
- Olsson, Anna Lisa 1
- Olsson, Anna, 1866-1946 1
- Olsson, Johannes Samuel "Hannes", 1877-1967 1
- Olsson, Lydia, 1874-1958 1
- Olsson, Maria, 1869-1934 1
- Olsson, Olof, 1841-1900 1
- Trump, Donald, 1946- 1
- WVIK (Radio station : Rock Island, Ill.) 1 ∧ less