Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Identifier: MSS 4
Overview Gustav Andreen was the fourth president of Augustana College as well as its longest-serving president, having held office from 1901 to 1935. Andreen was the first Augustana president to be born in the United States, to have graduated from Augustana, and to serve more than 30 years. Andreen was also responsible for creating an organized fundraising campaign to establish a college endowment. During his time at Augustana, Andreen created a formal geology department, raised over $1 million for the...
Identifier: MSS 395
Overview The Augustana College audiovisual collection, 1930-2016 and undated, contains video recordings (including films, videotapes, and digital video) and audio recordings (including audiotapes, audiocassettes, and compact discs) related to Augustana College and the Quad City community. Recordings capture campus events, interviews with Augustana faculty and staff, promotional footage, musical performances, religious services, radio broadcasts, and other topics.
Identifier: MSS 271
Overview The Augustana College Art Department sponsored many on-campus and off-campus events to involve students of all majors as well as the surrounding Quad Cities community in the study and appreciation of art. The Augustana College Department of Art records, 1963-2006 and undated, consists of informational materials about exhibitions by students, faculty, or visiting artists, and records of the department itself. The collection is organized into three series: Exhibitions, Community Art Programs, and...
Collection — Box: 1, AV Box: 1
Identifier: MSS 47
Overview Augustana College’s WVIK is the campus public radio station. Originally only available on Augustana College's campus, it was later expanded to broadcast to the Quad Cities and surrounding community. Materials in this collection include listening guides, program guides, Top 40 lists, news clippings, brochures, surveys, advertisements, and tenth anniversary materials (brochures, news clippings, and announcements) as well as recorded programs from Rock Island Lines segment.
Identifier: MSS 190
Overview The collection of Augustana College scrapbooks, 1896; 1960-1965, consists of scrapbooks related to Augustana College assembled by persons or departments unknown. The scrapbooks consist mainly of newspapers clippings; three include general Augustana-related items, while two specifically cover Augustana sports. The activities highlighted in the scrapbook pages include Greek life, social events in the Quad Cities area, Augustana choir events, campus construction projects, student groups, professor...
Identifier: MSS 203
Overview The Augustana Historical Society was founded in 1930 with the goal of preserving documents and artifacts related to Scandinavian and Lutheran history. By 1996, the group had revised its mission as being to: "locate, gather, preserve, and publish literary materials bearing on the history of Augustana College, on the relationships of the college to the Lutheran Church, on the history of Swedish immigration to the United States, and on cultural connections between the United States and Sweden."...
Identifier: MSS 219
Overview The Education Society of Augustana College and Theological Seminary was a subcommittee of the Board of Directors. The group was devoted to the support of Augustana College and Theological Seminary. The Education Society of Augustana College and Theological Seminary Account Books, 1861-1880, consists of two bound volumes of financial records.
Identifier: MSS 2
Overview The Tufve Nilsson Hasselquist papers, 1840-1988 and undated, primarily documents the personal and professional life of the second president of Augustana College, Tufve Nilsson Hasselquist. Hasselquist was born in Sweden in 1816 and traveled to America in 1852. Before assuming the presidency of the college in 1863, Hasselquist was the president of the Augustana Synod, the editor of a Swedish-language newspaper, and a pastor. At Augustana College, Hasselquist oversaw many changes to the school...
Identifier: MSS 3
Overview The Olof Olsson Family Papers documents the personal and private life of the third President of Augustana College, Olof Olsson, and his family. Olof Olsson was born in Sweden in 1841. He and his wife, Anna Lisa Olsson, emigrated from Sweden to the United States in 1869. In 1876 Olof Olsson was offered a professorship at Augustana College and Theological Seminary, Rock Island, Illinois. In 1891, Olsson was unanimously elected to the Augustana College presidency, a position he held until his...
Identifier: MSS 144
Overview Dr. Ross E. Paulson was a history professor at Augustana College from 1962 to 1995. He specialized in American and European intellectual history, historiography, and interdisciplinary studies. During his time spent on Augustana’s campus, Paulson was very involved with the school. He served on many campus and faculty committees that served to improve the school’s academic system, student life, and overall organizational structure. Paulson researched and studied many of the relevant topics of...
- Subject: Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.) -- History X
- Andreen, Gustav Albert, 1864-1940 3
- Augustana Historical Society 2
- Bergendoff, Conrad John Immanuel (1895-1997) 2
- Paulson, Ross Evans 2
- Albrecht, Esther Andreen, 1896-2001 1
- American Association of University Professors 1
- Andreen family 1
- Andreen, Carl Oscar, 1906-1978 1
- Andreen, Gustav Strand, 1901-1963 1
- Andreen, Marion Albert, 1894-1941 1
- Andreen, Paul Harold, 1891-1936 1
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.). Black Student Union 1
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.). Choir 1
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.). Department of Art 1
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.). Department of History 1
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.). Department of Women's and Gender Studies 1
- Bahls, Steven C. 1
- Boaden, Ann 1
- Brodahl, Betsey 1
- Education Society of Augustana College and Theological Seminary 1
- Evangelical Lutheran Augustana Synod of North America 1
- Evangelical Lutheran Church in America 1
- Fryxell, Fritiof, 1900-1986 1
- Hasselquist family 1
- Hasselquist, Eva Helena Cervin 1
- Hasselquist, Hanna 1
- Hasselquist, T.N. (Tufve Nilsson), 1816-1891 1
- National Organization for Women. Quad Cities Chapter 1
- Olsson family 1
- Olsson, Anna Lisa 1
- Olsson, Anna, 1866-1946 1
- Olsson, Johannes Samuel "Hannes", 1877-1967 1
- Olsson, Lydia, 1874-1958 1
- Olsson, Maria, 1869-1934 1
- Olsson, Olof, 1841-1900 1
- Phi Beta Kappa. Zeta of Illinois Chapter (Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.)) 1
- Sorensen, C.W. (Clarence Woodrow), 1907-1982 1
- Tredway, John Thomas, 1935- 1
- WVIK (Radio station : Rock Island, Ill.) 1
- Woman's Rights Convention 1
- Wooten, Don 1 ∧ less