Showing Collections: 11 - 20 of 25
Identifier: MSS 185
Overview The Idune Honorary Society was founded 16 March 1933, to “foster and encourage scholarship among Augustana Women.” The Idune Honorary Society notebook, 1933, contains the society's handwritten constitution and meeting minutes from four meetings in March and April 1933.
Identifier: MSS 172
Overview The Inter-Sorority Council was founded in the fall of 1929 as the governing body of the Augustana College sororities. The council, at the time of its founding, consisted of two officers, a President and a Secretary-Treasurer; two representatives of each of the sororities; two faculty members; and the current Dean of Women. The council controlled regulations for sorority rushing and pledging. The Inter-Sorority Council meeting minutes, 1934-1938, contains minutes of the groups meetings from 1934...
Identifier: MSS 277
Overview The Kappa Epsilon Nu sorority, known as both the “Kens” and the “Kappas”, was established as a sorority at Augustana College in 1925 by Leota J. Norton, Ester Woodburn, Florence Tams, Eleanor Graham, Ethel Eldrige, Charlotte Schnathoist, Kay Bragg, Helen Searle, Natalie Souders, and Frances Long. The Kens chose to give up their charter in 1970, citing declining membership and insubstantial funds as the cause. The Kappa Epsilon Nu records, 1926-1970 and undated (bulk 1945-1970), includes...
Identifier: MSS 275
Overview The Kappa Epsilon sorority, nicknamed the “Keys”, was founded at Augustana College in 1913 by six young women. The group changed its name from “Qui Est Qui” to Kappa Epsilon when it became an official Greek group in 1919. The Keys gave up their charter in the mid-1990s after years of declining membership. The Kappa Epsilon records, 1926-1988 and undated, is organized into four series: Sorority activities, 1926-1988 and undated; Correspondence, 1980-1988 and undated; Photographs and scrapbooks,...
Identifier: MSS 198
Overview Erleen “Lindy” Lindeman transferred to Augustana College in 1941 after completing her first two years at Bethany College. She graduated in 1943 with a degree in English. While at Augustana, she sang in the Augustana Choir and Handel Oratorio Society, participated in a number of religious organizations, athletic groups, and women's clubs, and was a member of the Kappa Tau sorority. The Erleen Lindeman scrapbook, 1941-1943, contains keepsakes and pictures from her time at Augustana. The...
Identifier: MSS 310
Overview The Quad Cities chapter of the National Organization for Women (QC NOW) began in August 1970 with a few women who organized a teach-in on women's rights. The group has campaigned for a variety of feminist and women's rights issues, including the passage of the Equal Rights Amendment to the United States Constitution, legalization of abortion access and preservation of reproductive rights, and sexual assault prevention. The National Organization for Women (Quad Cities Chapter) records, 1966-2004...
Identifier: MSS 12
Overview Margaret Olmsted joined the Augustana faculty in 1921. She was among one of the earliest female professors at the school. In 1937, she was named Associate Professor of Latin and Mathematics. She was known for her love of teaching, and often stressed the importance of studying foreign languages. After 46 years of teaching, she retired in 1967. That same year, she was named Professor Emeritus of Classics. Her connection to Augustana continued when she was named to the Augustana Alumni Association...
Identifier: MSS 286
Overview The Augustana Parents Club was founded 9 December 1947 in La Grange Park, Illinois. The club functioned as a fundraising and event planning group for Augustana College. The Parent's Club records, 1951-1973, contains meeeting minutes, student coordinator records, and a scrapbook.
Identifier: MSS 137
Overview Ethel Elvera Pearson attended Augustana College from 1918 to 1922. A graduate of Davenport High School, she majored in biological science at Augustana. While at Augustana, Pearson was a member of the Adelphic Society, Edward Everett Debating Club, the Augustana Foreign Missionary Society, and the Senior Girl’s Club. She was a founding member of the Phi Rho sorority and was on the Class Honor Roll. The Ethel E. Pearson scrapbook, 1918-1922, documents Pearson's time at Augustana, including...
Identifier: MSS 173
Overview The Phrateres was an all female organization for college students centered around socialization, leadership, networking and service. By 1944, there were 13 official chapters, including one at the University of British Columbia, making it an international organization. Augustana College's chapter, Omicron, was founded in 1941. The Phrateres, Omicron Chapter records, 1940-1945 and undated, contains the group's constitution, meeting minutes, bulletins, the group song, and other records.
- Subject: Women -- Societies and clubs X
- Kappa Epsilon Nu (Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.)) 2
- Sigma Kappa Tau (Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.)) 2
- Alpha Lambda Delta. Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.) Chapter 1
- Alpha Phi Omega. Lambda Rho Chapter (Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.)) 1
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.). Inter-Sorority Council 1
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.). Parents Club 1
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.). S.O.S. 1
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.). Women's League 1
- Augustana College and Theological Seminary (Rock Island, Ill.). Idune Honorary Society 1
- Augustana Endowment Society 1
- Augustana Women 1
- Boaden, Ann 1
- Carlsson-Evald, Emmy, 1857-1946 1
- Chi Omega Gamma. Beta Alumnae Chapter (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Chi Omega Gamma. Tri-City Alumnae Chapter 1
- Easter Seal Society for Disabled Children and Adults 1
- Erickson, Ruth 1
- Holmer, Julia 1
- Kappa Epsilon (Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.)) 1
- Lindeman, Erleen 1
- Mortar Board (Society). Augustana College Chapter 1
- National Organization for Women 1
- National Organization for Women. Quad Cities Chapter 1
- Olmsted family 1
- Olmsted, Margaret, 1894-1994 1
- Pearson, Ethel Elvera, 1888-1977 1
- Phi Rho (Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.)) 1
- Phrateres. Omicron Chapter (Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.)) 1
- Rockford University (Rockford, Ill.) 1
- Rulis, Alfreda Carlson 1
- Sigma Alpha Iota 1
- Sigma Alpha Iota. Delta Tau Chapter (Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.)) 1
- Sigma Pi Delta (Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.)) 1
- Woman's Christian Temperance Union 1
- Woman's Christian Temperance Union (Davenport, Iowa) 1
- Zwicker, Miriam May, 1915-1978 1 ∧ less