Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 24

Adelphic Society records

 Collection
Identifier: MSS 206
Overview The Adelphic Society was the younger of the two literary societies that flourished on the Augustana College campus during the early decades of its existence. The Adelphic Society was organized by the students in the fall of 1882, its first meeting taking place 14 October 1882. The Adelphic Society records, 1882-1929 and undated, contains organizational papers, financial records, publications, and other papers.

Augustana College audiovisual collection

 Collection
Identifier: MSS 395
Overview The Augustana College audiovisual collection, 1930-2016 and undated, contains video recordings (including films, videotapes, and digital video) and audio recordings (including audiotapes, audiocassettes, and compact discs) related to Augustana College and the Quad City community. Recordings capture campus events, interviews with Augustana faculty and staff, promotional footage, musical performances, religious services, radio broadcasts, and other topics.

Augustana College Student Government Association records

 Collection
Identifier: MSS 66
Overview Student government began at Augustana College in 1892 with the group calling itself the “Students' Union.” Upholding the honor system, assigning committee members, and overseeing committees were among some of the first responsibilities of the Students' Union. Eventually the group changed its name to the Representative Assembly and then the Student Government Association. The group currently operates as a governing body on campus and a liaison between students and Augustana College...

Beta Omega Sigma records

 Collection
Identifier: MSS 274
Overview The Beta Omega Sigma social club (fraternity) was founded at Augustana College 10 December 1929. The organization is known as the “BOS." The Beta Omega Sigma records include fraternity meeting minutes, information about fraternity events, photographs, a fraternity newsletter, and an Augustana Observer article about a fraternity member.

Campus and public events collection

 Collection
Identifier: MSS 228
Overview The campus and public events collection, 1903-1941 and undated, contains weekly bulletins for campus events and happenings; meeting minutes and official records of Augustana College's Board of Control of Social Activities (later called the Board of Control of Campus Activities), which was charged with overseeing campus programming; and records of the college's Board of Control of Public Meetings, charged with coordinating public events on campus.

Chi Omega Gamma records

 Collection
Identifier: MSS 278
Overview Chi Omega Gamma is an Augustana College sorority founded in 1925 and still active on campus. The Chi Omega Gamma records, 1925-2006 and undated, contains a scrapbook, mailing lists, memorabilia, and other materials created by Chi Omega Gamma, as well as minutes and other records of the Chi Omega Gamma Tri-City alumnae chapter.

Ruth Erickson scrapbooks

 Collection
Identifier: MSS 197
Overview Ruth Erickson transferred to Augstana after completing her first year at Aurora College. She graduated in 1943 with a degree in English. She was a member of the Lutheran Student Association, the Berean Bible Class, the Women’s League, the Women’s Athletic Association, and was a student representative of the Augustana Art Association. The Ruth Erickson scrapbooks date from the early 1920s to 1950. The collection consists of a photograph album and two scrapbooks of Erickson's time at Augustana.

Gustavus Adolphus Club Records

 Collection
Identifier: MSS 227
Overview The Gustavus Adolphus Club was formed at Augustana College and Theological Seminary on 15 October 1911. Membership was open to all Gustavus Adolphus students as well as Augustana College students. The Gustavus Adolphus Club records is a small collection consisting of a single bound book of club minutes from 1911 to 1916.

Kappa Epsilon Nu records

 Collection
Identifier: MSS 277
Overview The Kappa Epsilon Nu sorority, known as both the “Kens” and the “Kappas”, was established as a sorority at Augustana College in 1925 by Leota J. Norton, Ester Woodburn, Florence Tams, Eleanor Graham, Ethel Eldrige, Charlotte Schnathoist, Kay Bragg, Helen Searle, Natalie Souders, and Frances Long. The Kens chose to give up their charter in 1970, citing declining membership and insubstantial funds as the cause. The Kappa Epsilon Nu records, 1926-1970 and undated (bulk 1945-1970), includes...

Kappa Epsilon records

 Collection
Identifier: MSS 275
Overview The Kappa Epsilon sorority, nicknamed the “Keys”, was founded at Augustana College in 1913 by six young women. The group changed its name from “Qui Est Qui” to Kappa Epsilon when it became an official Greek group in 1919. The Keys gave up their charter in the mid-1990s after years of declining membership. The Kappa Epsilon records, 1926-1988 and undated, is organized into four series: Sorority activities, 1926-1988 and undated; Correspondence, 1980-1988 and undated; Photographs and scrapbooks,...

Filtered By

  • Subject: College students -- Social life and customs X

Filter Results

Additional filters:

Names
Kappa Epsilon Nu (Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.)) 2
Sigma Kappa Tau (Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.)) 2
Andreen, Gustav Albert, 1864-1940 1
Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.). Board of Control of Campus Activities 1
Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.). Choir 1