Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 15
Identifier: MSS 394
Overview Alpha Omega is Augustana College's local chapter of the National Theatre Honor Society, Alpha Psi Omega. The Alpha Psi Omega, Alpha Omega chapter records consists of three folders of treasurer's records, 2001-2014.
Identifier: MSS 196
Overview Dorothy Anderson was a missionary who worked in Tanzania between the 1940s and 1950s. It is unknown when she was born; however, she was a student at Augustana College over the course of the 1940s and potentially 1950s. Based on the collection, her missionary work focused soley on Tanzania from the beginning of the 1940s through the late 1950s. This collection is the result of that missionary work, as it is made up of texts and writings that either pertained to her experiences in Tanzania or...
Identifier: MSS 202
Overview The Augustana Art Association was founded 26 October 1927 at an evening meeting of art enthusiasts in the home of Gustav Andreen, then president of Augustana College. The founders included Andreen, his wife, and Alma Johnson, an instructor in the art department. The group's purpose, as stated in its constitution, was "to promote art education and aesthetic appreciation by means of exhibits and lectures, and to collect works of art for the beautification of Augustana and for a permanent art...
Identifier: MSS 183
Overview The Frame on the Wall Club was a film society at Augustana College that screened both domestic and foreign films as campus events. The Frame on the Wall Club collection contains, 1975-1985 and undated, contains event programs, posters, and public notices.
Identifier: MSS 277
Overview The Kappa Epsilon Nu sorority, known as both the “Kens” and the “Kappas”, was established as a sorority at Augustana College in 1925 by Leota J. Norton, Ester Woodburn, Florence Tams, Eleanor Graham, Ethel Eldrige, Charlotte Schnathoist, Kay Bragg, Helen Searle, Natalie Souders, and Frances Long. The Kens chose to give up their charter in 1970, citing declining membership and insubstantial funds as the cause. The Kappa Epsilon Nu records, 1926-1970 and undated (bulk 1945-1970), includes...
Identifier: MSS 275
Overview The Kappa Epsilon sorority, nicknamed the “Keys”, was founded at Augustana College in 1913 by six young women. The group changed its name from “Qui Est Qui” to Kappa Epsilon when it became an official Greek group in 1919. The Keys gave up their charter in the mid-1990s after years of declining membership. The Kappa Epsilon records, 1926-1988 and undated, is organized into four series: Sorority activities, 1926-1988 and undated; Correspondence, 1980-1988 and undated; Photographs and scrapbooks,...
Identifier: MSS 356
Overview Ephraim and Louise Manning were interested in participating in the Quad Cities community and its history. They were members of groups such as the Black Hawk Hiking Club, Friendship Force of the Quad Cities, and Viewfinders Camera Club. Materials in the collection include newspaper clippings on local history and historic homes, world affairs, local news, and medical news; photos, slides, scrapbook pages, and cassette tapes.
Identifier: MSS 276
Overview The Omicron Delta Kappa national leadership honor society was founded at Washington and Lee University in 1914. The Augustana College chapter of Omicron Delta Kappa, referred to as the Augustana “circle” by the society, was established in 1962 by eleven students and six faculty members. The Omicron Delta Kappa records, 1957-1976 and undated, includes booklets, meeting minutes, chapter and national correspondence, newspaper clippings, bulletins, and membership criteria.
Identifier: MSS 280
Overview The Omicron Sigma Omicron fraternity was founded at Augustana College in 1920. The original acronym for the Omicron Sigma Omicron fraternity was “Oso,” but it changed to “OZO” sometime in the 1960s. In December of 1980, the fraternity disbanded as it turned in its charter; it was re-established in 1983. The entirety of the Omicron Sigma Omicron records, 1969-2008, including a description of the collection's contents and container list, is restricted to active OZO members and alumni.
Identifier: MSS 144
Overview Dr. Ross E. Paulson was a history professor at Augustana College from 1962 to 1995. He specialized in American and European intellectual history, historiography, and interdisciplinary studies. During his time spent on Augustana’s campus, Paulson was very involved with the school. He served on many campus and faculty committees that served to improve the school’s academic system, student life, and overall organizational structure. Paulson researched and studied many of the relevant topics of...
- Subject: Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.) -- Societies, etc X
- Pi Upsilon Gamma (Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.)) 2
- Alpha Psi Omega 1
- Alpha Psi Omega. Alpha Omega chapter (Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.)) 1
- American Association of University Professors 1
- Anderson, Dorothy 1
- Appleton, Tom 1
- Augustana Art Association 1
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.). Augustana Writers' Club 1
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.). Black Student Union 1
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.). Department of History 1
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.). Department of Women's and Gender Studies 1
- Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.). Frame on the Wall Club 1
- Augustana Historical Society 1
- Evangelical Lutheran Augustana Synod of North America 1
- Evangelical Lutheran Church in America 1
- Farley, Ruth Laverne Sophia Swanson, 1918-2008 1
- Jasper, A. Ben 1
- Johnson, Alma, 1885-1959 1
- Kappa Epsilon (Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.)) 1
- Kappa Epsilon Nu (Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.)) 1
- Manning, Ephraim L., 1908-1995 1
- Manning, Louise Nascher, 1914-2012 1
- National Organization for Women. Quad Cities Chapter 1
- Noga, Mariana 1
- Omicron Delta Kappa 1
- Omicron Delta Kappa. Augustana College Circle 1
- Omicron Sigma Omicron (Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.)) 1
- Paulson, Ross Evans 1
- Phi Beta Kappa. Zeta of Illinois Chapter (Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.)) 1
- Phi Omega Phi (Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.)) 1
- Rulis, Alfreda Carlson 1
- Sigma Kappa Tau (Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.)) 1
- Sigma Pi Delta (Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.)) 1
- Sorensen, C.W. (Clarence Woodrow), 1907-1982 1
- Swanson family 1
- Swanson, Alan Benjamin, 1934-2016 1
- Swanson, Audrey Josephine Lundahl, 1924-1996 1
- Swanson, D. Verner (David Verner), 1890-1978 1
- Swanson, Vernon Emmanuel, 1922-1992 1
- Warner, Robin "Tootie" Swanson 1
- Wickstrom, Bernard Y., 1929-1987 1
- Woman's Rights Convention 1 ∧ less