Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.) -- Societies, etc.
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 15 Collections and/or Records:
Identifier: MSS 394
Abstract Alpha Omega is Augustana College's local chapter of the National Theatre Honor Society, Alpha Psi Omega. The Alpha Psi Omega, Alpha Omega chapter records consists of three folders of treasurer's records, 2001-2018 and miscellaneous records from the 2017-2018 academic year.
Identifier: MSS 196
Abstract Dorothy Anderson was a missionary who worked in Tanzania between the 1940s and 1950s. It is unknown when she was born; however, she was a student at Augustana College over the course of the 1940s and potentially 1950s. Based on the collection, her missionary work focused soley on Tanzania from the beginning of the 1940s through the late 1950s. This collection is the result of that missionary work, as it is made up of texts and writings that either pertained to her experiences in Tanzania or...
Dates: 1911-1977 and undated
Identifier: MSS 202
Abstract The Augustana Art Association was founded 26 October 1927 at an evening meeting of art enthusiasts in the home of Gustav Andreen, then president of Augustana College. The founders included Andreen, his wife, and Alma Johnson, an instructor in the art department. The group's purpose, as stated in its constitution, was "to promote art education and aesthetic appreciation by means of exhibits and lectures, and to collect works of art for the beautification of Augustana and for a permanent art...
Dates: 1927-1960 and undated
Identifier: MSS 183
Abstract The Frame on the Wall Club was a film society at Augustana College that screened both domestic and foreign films as campus events. The Frame on the Wall Club collection contains, 1975-1985 and undated, contains event programs, posters, and public notices.
Dates: 1975-1985 and undated
Identifier: MSS 277
Abstract The Kappa Epsilon Nu sorority, known as both the “Kens” and the “Kappas”, was established as a sorority at Augustana College in 1925 by Leota J. Norton, Ester Woodburn, Florence Tams, Eleanor Graham, Ethel Eldrige, Charlotte Schnathoist, Kay Bragg, Helen Searle, Natalie Souders, and Frances Long. The Kens chose to give up their charter in 1970, citing declining membership and insubstantial funds as the cause. The Kappa Epsilon Nu records, 1926-1970 and undated (bulk 1945-1970), includes...
Dates: 1926-1970 and undated; Majority of material found within ( 1945-1970)
Identifier: MSS 275
Abstract The Kappa Epsilon sorority, nicknamed the “Keys”, was founded at Augustana College in 1913 by six young women. The group changed its name from “Qui Est Qui” to Kappa Epsilon when it became an official Greek group in 1919. The Keys gave up their charter in the mid-1990s after years of declining membership. The Kappa Epsilon records, 1926-1988 and undated, is organized into four series: Sorority activities, 1926-1988 and undated; Correspondence, 1980-1988 and undated; Photographs and scrapbooks,...
Dates: 1926-1988 and undated
Identifier: MSS 356
Abstract Ephraim and Louise Manning were interested in participating in the Quad Cities community and its history. They were members of groups such as the Black Hawk Hiking Club, Friendship Force of the Quad Cities, and Viewfinders Camera Club. Materials in the collection include newspaper clippings on local history and historic homes, world affairs, local news, and medical news; photos, slides, scrapbook pages, and cassette tapes.
Dates: circa 1955-2007
Identifier: MSS 276
Abstract The Omicron Delta Kappa national leadership honor society was founded at Washington and Lee University in 1914. The Augustana College chapter of Omicron Delta Kappa, referred to as the Augustana “circle” by the society, was established in 1962 by eleven students and six faculty members. The Omicron Delta Kappa records, 1957-1976 and undated, includes booklets, meeting minutes, chapter and national correspondence, newspaper clippings, bulletins, and membership criteria.
Dates: 1957-1976 and undated
Identifier: MSS 280
Abstract The Omicron Sigma Omicron fraternity was founded at Augustana College in 1920. The original acronym for the Omicron Sigma Omicron fraternity was “Oso,” but it changed to “OZO” sometime in the 1960s. In December of 1980, the fraternity disbanded as it turned in its charter; it was re-established in 1983. The entirety of the Omicron Sigma Omicron records, 1969-2008, including a description of the collection's contents and container list, is restricted to active OZO members and alumni.
Identifier: MSS 144
Abstract Dr. Ross E. Paulson was a history professor at Augustana College from 1962 to 1995. He specialized in American and European intellectual history, historiography, and interdisciplinary studies. During his time spent on Augustana’s campus, Paulson was very involved with the school. He served on many campus and faculty committees that served to improve the school’s academic system, student life, and overall organizational structure. Paulson researched and studied many of the relevant topics of...
Dates: 1930-2001 and undated; Majority of material found within ( 1958-2001)